Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Feelings of Humility and Responsibilit


Feelings of Humility and Responsibility
I love this picture of the beautifully painted evening sky.  A feeling of humility comes over me each time I see it.  As I look closely, I can see the tiny plane so small amid the clouds.  It is so small that it can be missed and seem insignificant.  I am reminded that the same can be said of each of us.  We, not even a pinpoint in a scene like this, are so small, yet the truth is we are not insignificant.  


Each of us is important and holds within us the ability and power to do amazing things that influence those around us and far beyond.  Our influence begins where we are and travels outward in waves, like dropping a pebble in still water.  We cannot know how far or where that influence travels.  With that ability and power of influence comes the responsibility to choose the influence we send forth.  To what influence will we add our power?  The choice is ours.

Even though we are tiny in comparison to the world around us, we do make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment